In an unpredictable world, having a reliable and efficient healthcare solution is paramount. Maxicare EReady Advance offers a proactive approach to safeguarding your well-being. This prepaid health card is not just an insurance product; it’s your partner in preparedness. It provides comprehensive coverage for medical emergencies that can arise unexpectedly.
Table of Contents
Who Can Avail Maxicare EReady Advance?
Maxicare EReady Advance is tailored to a wide spectrum of individuals seeking affordable and accessible healthcare options. This prepaid health card is available for the following:
- 15 days old to 65 years old
- Members can enroll in another EReady card after 15 days from the date of the first registration.
- can be used after 7 days of registration.
Maxicare EReady Advance offers two variants, each tailored to meet your specific needs:
1. EReady Advance Platinum
- Php 5,999/year
- with access to six (6) major hospitals
2. EReady Advance Titanium
- Php 4,999/year
- without access to six (6) major hospitals
For Eready Advance Platinum, access is available to all Maxicare-affiliated hospitals, including the six major hospitals. For Eready Titanium, access is available to all Maxicare-affiliated hospitals, excluding the six major hospitals.
Six (6) major hospitals include the following:
- Asian Hospital Medical Center
- Cardinal Santos Medical Center
- Makati Medical Center
- St. Luke’s Medical Center-Global City
- St. Luke’s Medical Center-Quezon City
- The Medical City-Ortigas
EReady Advance Benefits
- It covers illnesses or injuries as defined in the definition of an emergency, as long as they are not part of the program’s exclusions and limitations.
- An emergency is any life-threatening or unexpected onset of a condition or illness that requires the immediate alleviation of pain or discomfort within 24 hours.
- Provides up to Php 50,000 one-time coverage on illnesses or injuries that arise from medical-related emergency conditions, including those requiring confinement in a regular private room
- Doctor’s services for emergency treatment
- Emergency room fees
- Medicines used for immediate relief and during treatment
- Oxygen, IV fluids, whole blood, and human blood products
- Dressings, casts, and sutures
- X-ray, laboratory, and diagnostic exams
- Room and board accommodations in a regular private room
- Use of the operating room, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Isolation Room (if prescribed by the attending accredited physician), and Recovery Room
- Professional fees
- Standard nursing services
- Medicines while in confinement
- Whole blood products and IV fluid transfusions
- X-rays, laboratory tests, and diagnostic tests
- Anesthesia, oxygen, and its administration
How to Use for Emergencies?
- Go to any covered affiliated hospital and present the Maxicare EReady Advance card or e-card along with one valid ID.
- Hospital personnel will swipe the card, or input the policy number, to the POS terminal for the release of a Letter of Eligibility (LOE).
- The hospital will call the Maxicare customer care hotline for approval and the issuance of a Letter of Authorization (LOA) if the ER case is for confinement.
How to Avail Unlimited Consultations?
- Go to the nearest Maxicare Primary Care Center
- Tap or swipe your Maxicare EReady Advance card or input the e-card number and policy number at the POS queueing system
- Enjoy unlimited consultations with specialists
Exclusions and Limitations:
Here are the exclusions and limitations of Maxicare EReady Advance. Read this before you avail yourself of this product.
- Services obtained for emergency conditions from physicians and hospitals in any of the following circumstances:
a. Non-affiliated physicians in non-affiliated hospitals
b. Affiliated physicians in non-affiliated hospitals or other non-affiliated
- Injuries, infections, or conditions resulting from negligence, alcoholic liquor intake, unauthorized use of prohibited drugs or regulated drugs, violation of law or ordinance, unnecessary exposure to imminent danger, direct or indirect participation in the commission of a crime, direct participation in riots, strikes, and other civil disturbances, war or any combat-related activities while in military service, extreme sports, developmental disorders, circumcision, and sex transformation, tattoos, body piercing, attempted suicide, acupuncture, congenital, genetic and hereditary conditions, and chronic dermatoses
- HIV and AIDS-related diseases, sexually transmitted diseases
- All pregnancy and maternity-related conditions
- Epidemic or pandemic infectious diseases
- Psychiatric and/or psychological disorders
- Aesthetic, cosmetic, and reconstructive surgery
- Oral surgery and dental treatments
- All types of vaccines except for animal bites
- Pregnancy test
- Take-home medicines
- Medico-legal fees
- Ambulance service if within 150km from the place of residence
- The Maxicare EReady Advance card or e-card must be presented at all times together with any valid ID (i.e. government/ company/school-issued ID) when availing of the services covered by the Maxicare EReady Advance card or e-card.
- The card will be considered used and will automatically be canceled once swiped at the POS terminal in the Emergency Room.
- For one-time coverage of up to P50,000 only.
- A member can only avail themselves of one (1) Maxicare-affiliated hospital within 24 hours.
- Card validity is up to one (1) year upon activation.
- This card or e-card is not equivalent to cash or a credit card.
- This card or e-card is non-transferable once activated.
- “No card, no e-card, no avail” policy applies. NO REIMBURSEMENT.
- Coverage is subject to exclusions and limitations.
- Subject to the 15-day free-look period. But only refundable if the product has not
Secure your future with Maxicare EReady Advance today!
Federico is an electronics engineer, financial blogger, insurance agent, and a certified investment solicitor. A multi-awarded financial advisor with clients ranging from lawyers, doctors, engineers, accountants, business owners, company directors, and OFWs to minimum wage earners had sought advice from him in achieving lifetime financial freedom.